ALL PATIENTS MUST BRING AND WEAR THEIR OWN MASK BEFORE ENTERING THE OFFICE.
During the COVID-19 pandemic we are taking precautions to keep our patients and staff safe, but our services continue to be available. IF YOU SUSPECT YOU ARE INFECTED WITH COVID-19, PLEASE CALL YOUR PCP OR COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, OR CALL 911 FOR AN EMERGENCY.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Enhanced Infection Control Policy and Safety Measures
At Columbia Asthma and Allergy, patient and staff safety are our top priorities. Our offices are open to both in-person and telemedicine visits. We prefer telemedicine if an in-office procedure such as skin testing is not applicable. Our staff will work with you to figure out the best options for your visit to ensure optimal safety for all. The following are safety measures we have put into place:
- All patients must bring and wear their own mask/face covering before entering the office.
- Staff are required to wear face masks.
- A health screening and temperature check for COVID-19 symptoms is performed at the door for every person entering the clinic.
- Social distancing is in effect in all waiting rooms and patient areas. Please help us by maintaining at least 6 feet from others.
- All clinic visits, including allergy shots, are by appointment only.
- Appointments are limited to the patient only, or if the patient is a minor, only the parents may accompany the minor.
- We have implemented an enhanced disinfection policy for all waiting areas, exam rooms, and equipment.
- Signs outside and inside the clinic are reminders for social distancing and infection control.
Telemedicine Visits will have the same coverage as in-person office visits, and we highly recommend them!
What we can achieve during Telemedicine Visits:
- New patient consultations and follow up visits
- Order blood tests
- Prescribe and refill medications
- Review your asthma action plan – review medications to use in case you become sick or have a flare up of your asthma
- Review your food allergy action plan
- Review your current treatment (allergy shots, oral immunotherapy, etc.)
- Develop your care plan for peak pollen season
- And so much more….you just have to give us a call!
Stay safe and stay healthy. We are here to help you achieve both.